RSS ( Leeds ) Ltd Demolition made easy…
Newly formed company with an experienced team of skilled demolition operatives.
Our demolition services include all public and private sector works including the removal of non-notifiable asbestos. We give competitive quotes for all works however we specialise in:
- Refurbishment soft stripping
- Excavator demolition, site clearance & preparation
- Stone building demolition
- Emergency work on dangerous structures
- Asbestos removal/maintenance/surveys
- Partial demolition and facade retention works
- Health and safety at work
- Domestic house clearance
Refurbishment Soft Strip
Interior stripping activities include the removal of all floor coverings, temporary floors and ceilings, non-load bearing partitions, mechanical and electrical (M&E) systems including lighting, cables, cable trays, heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems, and the disconnection and removal of utilities (gas, electricity, water and telecommunications).
Our highly trained operatives are experienced in carrying out ‘soft-strip’ on projects where there is a requirement for non-structural elements of a building to be removed.
We use soft-strip techniques where we can remove recyclable materials such as timber, metal and plastics, prior to the full demolition of site or where a building is undergoing major refurbishment. Soft-stripping allows us to segregate waste materials and, as a licensed waste carrier, ensure that we maximise the amount of material that is reused. We currently aim to recycle 95% of all materials.
Using skill sets similar to those used in decommissioning work, we plan soft-strips systematically and ensure that site management is of the highest quality.
Excavator Demolition, site clearance & preparation
Stone, steel frame, reinforced concrete or timber, we operate various attachments perfectly designed to meet the requirements of the building. Concrete Crackers, Concrete Pulverisers, Metal Cutting Shears, Hydraulic Breakers, Grapples, Grabs and Re-handling Buckets can all be fitted to our highly versatile pieces of equipment.
These machines make light work of moving objects onto HGVs for the clearance stage. It has been identified as a key element in our clients’ requirements for successful construction projects. And one that we are well equipped to meet with a range of cost-saving services in waste management, resource efficiency and
roofs because having our own yard means we can pay the best prices.
We specialise in stone buildings, stone paving, stone garden walls and stone/slate roofs because having our own yard means we can pay the best prices.
Emergency Work On Dangerous Structures
If you structure is unsafe we can make immediate preparation and for the demolition of unsafe structures. We make contact with the appropriate authorities and can get to work in a matter of hours.
Asbestos aware and trained operatives can remove or maintain your asbestos in domestic or commercial premises. We offer full asbestos surveys and reports.
Examples of non-licensed work with asbestos
- Cleaning up small quantities of loose/ fine debris containing ACM dust (where the work is sporadic and of low intensity, the control limit will not be exceeded and it is short duration work)
- Drilling of textured decorative coatings for installation of fixtures/fittings
- Encapsulation and sealing-in work on asbestos-containing materials (ACMs) that are in good condition
Maintenance work involving:
- asbestos cement products (eg on roof sheeting, tiles and rainwater goods)
- asbestos in ropes, yarns and woven cloth
- asbestos gaskets or asbestos rope cords (including removal as part of repair and upkeep of equipment) if this can be done without substantial breakage
- asbestos-containing thermoplastic and vinyl floor tiles, bitumen roof felt, shingles, damp-proofing coatings, and mastics
- asbestos-containing felt and paper
- plastic paint coatings, PVC floors, panels and sealing compounds
- asbestos-containing conveyor belts/drive belts, bonded rubber, electric cables
- resin-based ACMs such as friction products (eg brake linings)
- Painting/repainting AIB that is in good condition
- asbestos cement products, (eg roof sheeting and rainwater goods) provided the material is carefully handled/removed without breaking up; this includes work with asbestos cement which is weathered but not otherwise substantially damaged
- small areas of textured decorative coatings using suitable dust-reducing methods, to support other activities such as installation/replacement of smoke alarms and light fittings
- textured decorative coatings provided that this can be done without deterioration of the material, (eg if the backing board is carefully cut around to achieve virtually intact removal)
- loosely fixed (eg screwed) asbestos insulating board (AIB) panels in order to gain access to areas for other maintenance activities (eg under a bath to carry out pipework maintenance, or for access to a ceiling void for repair of lighting). This also includes re-attaching the panels after the work is done
- an AIB door with asbestos fire proofing
Short duration work:
- to repair minor damage to AIB
- involving drilling holes in AIB (eg when installing shelving)
- on other materials containing asbestos (such as paints, bitumen, resins, rubber, etc) where the fibres are bound in a matrix which prevents most of them being released (this includes, typically, aged/weathered AC)
- associated with collecting and analysing samples to identify the presence of asbestos
Partial demolition and facade retention works
Facade retention involves supporting existing facades or party walls for renovation and is often used for works to listed buildings. By retaining the facade, the overall look of a building is preserved while new internal floor structures and layouts can be constructed to meet the needs of modern occupants.
Health and Safety at work
All of our skilled operatives have the relevant knowledge experience and training for the given tasks.
Our supervisors are trained and refreshed frequently with CMD Regulations 2015, which now apply to all commercial & domestic projects. We also have independent NEBOSH trained advisors to hand.